Systems Engineer & Analyst
It's in the heart of the Pyrenees, in Andorra more precisely, where we at COMMENCAL design our frames.
We are a team dedicated to offering the best possible platforms for our riders and customers and you have the chance to be involved in this adventure by joining the design office. "Bicycles with Opinions” has been the slogan of the brand since the beginning and the process involves creating irreproachable products, with an identity marked by Andorran trails. We attach special importance to the design of our frames. The dynamic, aesthetic and functional aspects are at the center of everything. The quest for excellence led us to seek out the best suppliers in the field and we found them in Taiwan. In constant contact with our suppliers, our engineers travel frequently to production sites to make the most of their know-how, ensure the development of our prototypes, respect our quality standards and see the fruits of their work.
Asides from the normal pre-requistes for R&D engineers, your mission will be to produce and analyse a series of tests, then communicate the results to the rest of the team to ensure the proper transmission of knowledge.
Finite element simulations and machine tests:
- Establish the different protocols for machine tests and finite element calculations
- Perform and analyse the calculation of our frames, parts and accessories
- Produce simulation reports
- Suggest areas for improvement of products following simulations
- Maintain the database of calculations
- Analyse the results of machine tests and optimise the methods of test and calculation
- Maintain the database of machine tests
- Manage the computer systems data acquisition
- Assure the tasks related to different measurements on the field test campaigns
- Analyse the data collected under the direction of the R&D engineers
- Carry out test reports and share the findings with the rest of the team
- Keep up to date the field test database
-Engineer with a minimum of 2 years successful experience in calculation by finite elements
- Competent and experienced in the use of finite element software
- Scientific mind; organised, curious and efficient
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and under the direction of the Head of Development. You will be surrounded by several engineers, the product team and our professional teams
- Free to move with frequent trips to Taiwan, international competitions and/or trade shows
To apply, send us your detailed CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org